- Works with Advisors and Staff Advisors of their own VOA and Venturing Presidents at the tiers above and below them.
- Appoints and supervises Vice Presidents, VOA liaisons, and additional optional VOA youth positions.
- Leads the youth officer selection process and interviews.
- Represents the VOA to Scouting leadership at the same tier.
- Motivates and coordinates the Vice President(s) and any other appointed VOA members in assigned tasks and conducts meetings with them as needed.
- Helps train and mentor presidents in lower tiers.
- Plans and leads regular meetings of the VOA.
- Assists VOA members with the selection of subsidiary youth members.
- Tracks all goals for the VOA and provides regular progress reports to the appropriate committees.
Vice President of Program
- In consultation with the president, appoints and supervises subsidiary youth positions needed to perform the program functions of the VOA.
- Supervises activity chairs and the planning of activities (conferences, outings, summits, and other events).
- Facilitates internal training events of the VOA.
- Manages VOA finances, if required.
- Coordinates and implements innovative ideas for development.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the President.
Vice President of Communications
- In consultation with the President, appoints and supervises subsidiary youth positions needed to perform the communication functions of the VOA.
- Actively studies and remains aware of the best way to communicate to Venturers on the VOA and in its jurisdiction, understanding that several methods of delivery must be utilized for maximum effectiveness.
- Ensures that the VOA web presence is being maintained, updated, and scaled appropriately for effective publication of information and collection of feedback.
- Periodically publishes a newsletter of past, current, and future events, including articles of noteworthy events and other items of interest to Venturers.
- Maintains groups, pages, blogs, calendars, message boards, etc., on the most relevant social media and social networking sites.
- Submits articles about VOA activities to other Scouting media (e.g., Council or Region newsletter and websites).
- Actively pursues opportunities to increase VOA exposure by submitting articles, comments, photos, and upcoming event announcements, and reports to external publications such as local newspapers and other appropriate venues.
- Develops and maintains the tools to communicate with all relevant parties using a variety of methods such as telephone, text message, email, and postal mail as appropriate.
- Maintains rosters of VOA members and frequently involved persons, including as many forms of readily available communication paths as possible, and identifies preferred methods, making it available to the VOA as needed and appropriate.
- Develops, updates, maintains, and makes readily available marketing strategies, solutions, and materials.
- Actively pursues contact information for people, groups, and businesses of interest to the VOA.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the President
Vice President of Administration
- In consultation with the President, appoints and supervises subsidiary youth positions needed to perform the administrative functions of the VOA.
- Develops and implements strategies to increase Venturing membership within the territory of the VOA.
- Actively pursues positive relationships with representatives of BSA chartered organizations, religious groups, businesses, community organizations, and other groups of interest to the VOA and Venturing.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of customs, traditions, and relevant facts about BSA chartered organizations, religious groups, businesses, community organizations, and other groups of interest to the VOA and Venturing.
- Promotes and organizes the youth officer selection application processes (at the same tier). They can also assist the President in communicating with the selection committee, organizing the call, etc.
- Promotes and facilitates the selection and presentation of the Venturing Leadership Award and other appropriate Venturing awards at the same tier.
- Maintains records of recognitions, membership, officer selections, and VOA leadership alumni.
- Takes minutes at VOA meetings.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the President.
VOA Volunteer Advisor
The volunteer Advisor is appointed by the top volunteer officer at each tier (e.g., district chair, area president) and serves at the appointer’s discretion.
The volunteer Advisor:
• Reports to the Youth Development committee chair and serves as a member of that committee.
• In consultation with the staff advisor and president, appoints and supervises associate volunteer and subsidiary volunteer Advisors to work with any youth appointed by the president.
• Works with the president and associate volunteer Advisors, and coordinates with Advisors at the tiers above and below him or her.
• Serves as a mentor and advocate for the president.
• Ensures fiscal, programmatic, and risk management issues are properly addressed.
• Is familiar with the operations of any relevant Scouting organizations in the territory.
• Appoints associate volunteer Advisors and subsidiary volunteer Advisors.
The staff advisor is a professional Scouter appointed by the Scout executive at that tier and serves at the appointee’s discretion. The staff advisor:
• Serves as a member of the Youth Development Committee.
• Ensures that the policies and interests of the BSA are maintained.
• Approves all adult appointments of the VOA.
• Ensures that Advisors consistently serve with the best interests of the program and officers at the forefront.
Associate Volunteer Advisor
The associate volunteer Advisor is appointed by the volunteer Advisor and serves at that Advisor’s discretion.
The associate volunteer Advisor:
• Supervises any subsidiary adults appointed by the volunteer Advisor.
• Serves as a mentor and advocate for the youth members he or she advises.
• Supports the Volunteer Advisor in ensuring that fiscal, programmatic, and risk management issues are properly addressed.
• Provides expertise and/or training to specific youth officers to help them accomplish assigned tasks.
Subsidiary Volunteer Advisor
The subsidiary volunteer Advisor is appointed by the volunteer Advisor and serves at that Advisor’s discretion.
The subsidiary volunteer Advisor:
• Reports to a volunteer associate Advisor or the volunteer Advisor.
• Supports youth subsidiary VOA members in accomplishing assigned tasks.